It’s been a little while since we last published a post aimed solely at the boys so today we thought we’d rectify this imbalance with some top style stops for the groom from Tom Francis at mensgiftcompany.co.uk So chaps, here’s everything you need to know to make sure you look your absolute best for the big day!
Wedding attire is an important aspect of the wedding day for every bride and groom and differs for each person depending on their style of day, personal taste and budget. Tom Francis – owner of the Men’s Gift Company who specialise in men’s wedding accessories – highlights his top style tips for the groom and groomsmen.
1. Reflect your Style The wedding day is such a special occasion and so it’s important to be wearing something that you feel comfortable and confident in. Just as the bride wants to find a dress that reflects her personality it’s important for the groom to feel at his best too.
2. Compliment the Wedding Theme If you are going for the look of a traditional top hat and tail coat then a pocket watch is the perfect finishing touch but similarly it would look great with a dandy style too – it’s about finding what works for you. At Men’s Gift Company we have lots of pocket watches which make a great gift and we find customers think about passing them on as sentimental heirloom pieces in the future.
3. Consider Colour Colour is an important aspect of every wedding and sets the tone for the entire day. Think about the shades in the flowers and what colour the bridesmaids will be wearing so the groomsmen can coordinate with or compliment the colour scheme. The Men’s Gift Company has a wide range of different colour accessories to complement the bridal party and it’s good to remember that not everything has to match exactly.
4. Stand Out If the groomsmen are all wearing a certain tie style or cravat, it’s good for the groom to wear a different shade of tie or handkerchief in order to distinguish himself from the rest of the groom’s party and to feel extra special.
5.Add a Personal Touch A lapel pin or tie tack is a great way to incorporate a personal element to your wedding day attire. It could be something that resembles your family heritage – at Men’s Gift Company we have lots of groom’s who like to show loyalty to their family history with items such as a Welsh feather tie tack or Celtic design cufflinks or maybe wearing a semi-precious stone that complements the bride’s jewellery or reflects cultural connections.
6. Incorporate Some Fun Acknowledge a personal memory or make a nod to a favourite hobby or shared pastime with your bride-to-be with some novelty cufflinks. Perhaps you like sport, love music or live in the country, with novelty cufflinks these can be a great way to add a sense of humour to a less traditional wedding or to be worn after a formal ceremony for instance Rugby, Guitar or Wellington Boot themed cufflinks, to show some light hearted spirit.
7. Consider the Bride’s Style If the bride is wearing a very formal dress then it would be wise to find out what style she envisages for the day so you are appropriately dressed. Similarly if you are planning a more relaxed, bohemian style wedding then a leather bracelet or necklace wouldn’t look out of place as part of the groom’s finished look.
8. Choose Pieces To Cherish What you wear on your wedding day you are likely to remember for years to come. At Men’s Gift Company we recommend investing in accessories you will want to wear time and again for occasions. By choosing pieces that stand the test of time such as a solid pair of sterling silver cufflinks, pieces such as this will last for many years and make a wonderful keepsake for wearing during the honeymoon or for anniversary celebrations.
9. Treat your Best Men The best men that have been with you since day one of the wedding planning deserve a little treat to say thank you. Engraving an item is always a popular option for many grooms or choosing a gift that they can wear on the day and after the wedding, also proves a popular choice.
10. Don’t Forget the Bride Alongside you, the most important person on the day is the one you will marry. Treat her to a special gift on the morning of the wedding to let her know how special she is before walking down the aisle.
So gents, we hope that helps you to choose your style, thanks so much to Tom and the team at Mens Gift Company for providing their expert advice!